Class 2 2019 - 2020
As mentioned in this week's newletter we are now trying a more structured approach to home learning.
Please check the recent files to download where I will upload new work and lessons to follow for each week day. I hope you find this useful. Please feel free to still access the wide range of resources made available to you on the website.
If you have any work you wish to share then it could be emailled to our Class Two email address. Any parental queries are still to be sent to the school admin address.
I hope you have all enjoyed some of the work which has been made available for you. I have added our new homework menu for our Minibeast topic. Also, have a look at the Playing Card Maths, Arty Maths, Easter maths and Cooking maths activities and the 'maths on the move' document. I have also added a poetry unit of work for Year 1 and 2 and a time capsule project. Please continue to access the lovely Hamilton Trust daily maths and English activity (see link below).
I have added a range of science activities for you to have a go at. Please be aware these are suitable for both KS1 and KS2. I would suggest selecting the easier options.
I have left the English, maths and spelling documents on the website in case anyone wishes to still access these.
Premier League Learning Resources
If you haven't already, please check out https://plprimarystars.com/home-learning It is a fantastic site with lots of home learning resources created by the Premier League. Loads of fun football based learning activities.
Have you had a look at the new BBC Bite Size lessons available?
The Oak National Academy also have many great lessons to follow.
As Mrs Kelly pointed out on her page, we are living in a time which will be remebered for years to come. I have added some resources which will help you to document this time and create a time capsule to look back on. Please see resources below.
Whilst school is closed, we will be posting work on to these class pages for children to access. We hope you appreciate it will be logistically impossible for staff to mark this work. Thank you for your support in these diffiuclt times for us all.
Have a look at the lego maths and garden maths activities to see if there is anything to challenge your child.
#Below is a folder with maths activities to complete. In addition to this, suggested websites are:
- Hamilton Trust will be updating their page each week with maths activities every day.
- I See Maths will be running maths activity lessons for KS1. The first one starts 24thMarch 9am. Use the link below. There is a video explaining how the process will work.
- Maths of the Day. This is a great opportunity for active maths at home.
- Third Space Learning have made a wide range of maths resources available to be used. These can be found at the website below.
- Play hit the button - number bonds, doubles, halves and times tables
- Numberblocks videos are short and fun video clips to develop understanding.
Below is a folder with English activities to complete. In addition to this, suggested websites are:
- Hamilton Trust will be updating their pages each week with English activities each day.
- World E Book have opened up their online and audible books to be used during the school closures. They can be found at the website below.
- Oxford Owl has a wide range of levelled E-books for children to read.
- In Phonics lessons the children enjoy the games available on phonics play, especially Obb and Bob or Burried Treasure. They are offering free access to all resources and games. Username: march20 password: home
- Alphablocks is an engaging and fun way to recap learnt letters and sounds. I have added the link to the YouTube site below.
- Phonics games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- Spelling games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/words-and-spelling
- Joe Wicks will be providing a 30 minute workout each day for school children.
- Education City
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p - KS1 BBC bitesize
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv– KS1 BBC bitesize English
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8– KS1 BBC bitesize Maths
- https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/- KS1 Educational quizzes
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/api/interactives/27281.html - 2, 5 and 10 times table quiz
The Literacy Shed has lots of video clips and ideas to inspire writing.
The children in Class Two all love GoNoodle and in school we complete one a day. It is a great way to get moving and quick and simple to set up.