Norley C of E Primary School Parent, Teacher and Friends Association - "The PTFA"
The PTFA is our school fundraising and pastoral support charity and all parents / guardians automatically join us as members. Welcome to our webspace and welcome to our team!
Another year has begun at Norley School and as usual the PTFA are gathering together an action packed schedule of fun events to support the school and wider village community. Our AGM saw some new faces in the mix and this year's committee would like to introduce themselves to make sure you know who we are and what we do.
Lottie is continuing on the commitee for her second year and is now taking on the role as chairwoman. Lottie has a strong connection with the school & wider community as a former pupil, former foundation governor, and treasurer for Norley St John's Church. Lottie has two sons, Josh who is at secondary school and Louis who is in year 3. The Chairperson's responsibility is to coordinate the organisation of all PTFA events and to liaise regularly with the headteacher to ensure a harmonious relationship between school and the PTFA.
Lindsay Sykes is also continuing on the committee for a second year. Being a familiar face in the playground and a lovely approachable person, Lindsay is ideal for the secretary post. She has two boys, Dru in year 4 and Finn in year 2 and is passionate about bringing parents together to help their children. Lindsay is responsible for the communication between the committee and other stakeholders, the creation of regular newsletters, minutes at meetings and is your first point of contact to the PTFA as a body, so come on, we don’t bite!
|Louisa Thompson joins the committee as treasurer. Louisa has a daughter in class one and is relatively new to the area as a family. Louisa sees taking on a role in the PTFA, as an opportunity to be more involved in her daughter's school life and to meet other parents. Although the role of treasurer is a new one to Louisa, she has admitted that she is rather fond of a spreadsheet! Please approach Louisa for queries about donations to the PTFA, our funds and other money-related questions that you might have.|
We have had some real successes over recent years, many trips and sports items for school have been provided as well as an amazing fully renovated library and brand new dining furniture. It's been thanks to all our members and friend's hard work behind the scenes that this fundraising has been possible.
Our volunteers have been busy baking and selling cakes, running discos, hosting camp festivals, spending hours of volunteering hiding easter eggs, phoning Santa and asking him to visit Norley school despite his busy schedule, and providing funds for the enjoyment of our children.
Helping out within the PTFA is voluntary but we do really hope that you will come and support the PTFA with some of our events - there is something for everyone throughout the academic year.
Ways you can help the PTFA:
- Attend our meetings throughout the year and make your voice heard, influence our activities and the way we allocate our funds
- Help us to raise these funds by selling tickets and advertising fundraisers to the wider community, raising the profile of our wonderful school
- Join in the fun and attend an event as an attendee, or help us to set up and clear away
- Go a step further and volunteer to help arrange an event, with full support available from the committee
- Help spread the word and encourage more members - grandparents, other family members and community figures can join by being added to a list of "Friends", the F part of our PTFA. We recognise the dedication that some of our grandparents, carers and friends offer at school and want to hear their ideas too
- Support your child at sponsored events, buy Christmas cards/mugs and other gifts, and send in donations for raffles etc.
- Follow our Twitter feed and our new website PTA events for upcoming activities and news
- If none of these appeal and you would like to support without having to commit to baking and shaking up your colleagues for sponsorships we would always be willing to accept a donation in lieu of this. Speak to Lottie our treasurer to arrange this. We are a registered charity so we can claim gift aid too
Our fundraisers help us to provide those little extras that the school budget would otherwise have to stretch to offer - like reducing costs for all families by subsidising school trips and re-envigorating our school pond which has provided both children and adults alike many hours of educational fun. We frequently pay for visits to enrich the curriculum especially in the Arts and theatre, IT and sports. We also run not-for-profit events that are very popular with the children, such as our annual pumpkin party disco, bingo night, Christmas lunch and Santa's grotto, and the Easter egg hunt. To compliment this we also host a number of evenings for grown-ups only, as social events as well as fundraisers. We recently hosted a christmas auction at Forest Hills Hotel, and soon will open ticket sales to our first ever beer and gin festival at the village hall. We look forwards to seeing you there!
Tickets for events and activities are now hosted on our website - click the link here: PTA events website
Follow us on Twitter - you don't need a log on/account to see us - Norley PTFA Twitter feed
Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org